Investing in our Workforce
- Led charge to increase minimum wage to $10/hr. at County, University Medical Center and Emergence Health Network.
- Participated heavily in prevailing wage study and led push to ensure there were no salaries under 10 dollars an hour.
- Strongly supported market study and right-sizing of all County employee salaries, including elected officials.
- Strongly supported labor unions such as Service Employees Industry Union and National Nurses United in their push to have a presence at University Medical Center.
- Made sure County continues to allow members of AFSCME to have union dues automatically deducted from County payroll.